Wednesday at any time
Thursday at any time
Friday at any time
EducationBA in English at Cal State University Fullerton 3.27 GPA (2014), A.A. in Liberal Studies at Saddleback College 3.40 GPA (2012), High School Diploma at Mission Viejo High School 3.64 GPA (2010)
Experience*Please note that my rate is negotiable. Just contact me to discuss it.*
I have been tutoring professionally for approximately 3 years now.
Why do I love being a tutor?
- I am very passionate about tutoring. I love working with students of all ages. Tutoring is so rewarding for me because I get to help my students learn, become more confident in their skills, and have a little fun doing it! I have been so lucky to work with so many sweet, intelligent, and unique students. Sometimes all a student needs is for someone to be patient with them and take the time to develop lessons according to their learning style. That moment when a concept or subject a student has struggled with finally "clicks" is one of my favorite parts of tutoring.
More on my education and relevant classes:
- I have taken 1/2 of a Bachelor's worth of classes in psychology. I was able to take an educational psychology course and I learned about the basics of early childhood development in other psychology courses. I've learned to identify my students' learning styles and this helps me to build lessons that cater to their learning needs.
More about my experience:
- In the past 3 years, I have professionally tutored in a wide variety of subjects.
- Specifically, I have tutored students in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th, and 10th grade in math (Algebra 1 and lower).
- I've tutored students in 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 10th grade, and college in English.
- I helped home-school students in all subjects in grades 2nd, 5th, and 8th (but I am interested with helping home-school students in grades K-8 for all subjects and 9-12 in English).
- I have experience tutoring students with ADD, ADHD, and Asperger's and have been able to develop alternative lesson-styles to help them succeed.
HobbiesI am the creative type. I love to paint, draw, play guitar, sing, write, and read. I love animals and have two sweet cats. I was a gymnast and played lacrosse when I was younger, but I don't play sports now. Regardless, I love supporting my students in pursuing their passions whether I share that passion or not. I also love to babysit! Kids are amazing and I love when I have the opportunity to both tutor and babysit. For example, I used to help my student finish his homework and then I would prepare dinner, entertain, and put to bed both him and his little brother.
1st Grade math, 2nd Grade math, 3rd Grade math, 4th Grade math, 5th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 7th Grade math, 8th Grade math, Algebra 1, Elementary Algebra, Elementary Math, Pre-Algebra, ADD, ADHD, Kindergarten - 8th Grade, Organization, Study Skills, Writing, 9th Grade, 8th Grade, 7th Grade, 6th Grade, 5th Grade, 4th Grade, 3rd Grade, 2nd Grade, 1st Grade, 12th Grade, 11th Grade, 10th Grade, Homeschool, Honors, Summer Tutoring
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.